Hey y’all! SavageAFmk here.
ESO Xbox Sales has been in operation for more than 2 years now. what started as an idea, became a small project amongst like minded individuals, then turned into a one woman show. I took full ownership of ESO Xbox Sales 6 months in, and while I had some super awesome Tamrielians sending in sales history clips each week, and occasional help with the manual data entry, for the most part it was just me keeping this baby alive.
I’ve spent thousands of unpaid hours manually transcribing sales data, with my hands aching more and more each day. Nevertheless, I kept on pounding! At this point, I can can’t even straighten my fingers without grimacing. I won’t bore you with the details of my now curved spine and the pain I endure from that due to sitting behind the computer 95% of my day. Seriously, I’m always working on one thing or another. I was soooo close to getting my 5 star in Cyrodiil, but even my game time took a back seat to this project.
Towards the end of last year I was connected with someone who would change everything. He brought to the table the one thing I couldn’t… programming. He made possible things I’d dreamed of but never thought possible. Between the two of us we purchased a domain, private servers, new equipment, etc., mostly out of our own pockets, and hit the ground running. To those of you who’ve donated along the way, we humbly thank you!
My point is, the effort we put in every day to bring you this awesome resource takes a toll. I’ve grown to love the brand so much I even run an in game guild by the same name, however I knew from day one nothing lasts forever. It breaks my heart to say this, but…
It is time to put ESO Xbox Sales to bed…
And introduce you to…
You didn’t think we were shutting down did you!? Silly gooses! We’re just rebranding!
I’ll spare you all the boring details of why, but just know we wouldn’t be doing this if it weren’t necessary. It’s going to take a LOT of work, patience and time.
Here’s what you need to know:
- We don’t know the exact day everything will be switched over, but it should be within the next week. An announcement will go out the day before the transition. Please help us spread the word!
- When the transition happens, it is likely there will be several hours of down time and possible hiccups over the following couple of weeks. We will be all hands on to make the transition as smooth as possible and appreciate your patience as we work through this.
- There will be a new website domain name, however the current website will automatically redirect all traffic.
- Other than the brand name and imaging, everything will remain exactly the same.
- The bot name won’t be changing at this time, as Discord does not allow changes to verified bots at this time, but they may in the future. The only option is to create a whole new bot and we don’t want to do that unless absolutely necessary. Once possible, the bot, along with the browser search tool, will be renamed TSC Price Fetcher.
With that being said, I’d like to take this opportunity to announce a new program!
Sponsor the tools you love with a one time only or recurring donation!
Sponsors will be displayed with each TSC Price Fetcher search result, as shown in the example below and two options will be given, individual (name or gamer tag) or guild.
This program will be launched after we’ve completed the transition and worked out all the kinks. If you would like to pledge your sponsorship in advance, head over to the Contact Us page to submit your info. Please mention in the comment section you’re pledging sponsorship so you don’t get mixed in with bug reports or other requests.
You will receive an email when we get closer to launch with details on how to complete the process and be one of the first names people see when they look up an item!
Welp, I think that about sums it up for now. If you have any questions, concerns or just want to say something sweet and encouraging, drop a comment below.
And as always, Happy Trading! – SavageAFmk
P.S. Just throwing this out there for those who haven’t figured it out yet, I’m a chick, not a dude. Y’all got pranked by a GIRL! Muah ha ha ha!