How to use the TSC Price Fetcher
An item search is completed by typing a bot command followed by the item name as it appears in game. Exceptions regarding item name formats are listed below.
For your convenience, we have programmed several commands that prompt the bot to search the database and reply:
Once a command query is entered, the bot will return a message displaying the item name, type and list of prices, along with a link to the website.
If more than one item is listed, there are multiple items in the database with similar wording.
If the item you are looking for is not listed, you may need to narrow down your search by using more words, especially when searching for equipment items.
If the item does not exist in the database, the bot message will say “Unable to find…”.
You may also get this message if there is a misspelling in your query.
Item Name Exceptions
Item Name Exceptions
- Equipment items are listed as set name followed by the item type, regardless of how it appears in game (example: search for Dragon Axe instead of Axe of the Dragon)
- Named set items are changed to the set name and item type (example: search for Mother’s Sorrow Lightning Staff instead of Argonian Muck Minder of Mother’s Sorrow)
- Alternate names for jewelry, like Collar and Band, are changed to Necklace or Ring, respective to the item type
- Do not include Crafting Motif or Style Page prefixes (example: search for Dremora Daggers instead of Crafting Motif 63: Dremora Daggers)
- Do not include quotation marks in item names (example: search for Cadwell’s Staff instead of Cadwell’s “Staff”)
- Treasure Maps are listed by Zone or DLC: Deshaan, Craglorn, Cyrodiil, Elsweyr, Blackreach, etc.
- All “Recipe: Psijic Ambrosia Fragments” are listed as Psijic Ambrosia Fragment
- All volumes of the “Song of Pelinal” furnishing book are listed as The Song of Pelinal Volume
Items Not Available in the Database
- Sealed Master Writs
- Crafted or non-set equipment
- Intricate items
Checking Database Status
The !status command will return the current status of the sales database (not to be confused with the current status of the bot itself). Here’s what you can expect to see:
- Status: current status of the database
- Administrator: GT of database admin
- Trader Update: date of last guild trader location update
- Data Update: date of last sales data update
- Unique Items: total number of unique items
- Sales Recorded: total number of sales
- Alchemy: total number of alchemy related sales
- Enchanting: total number of runestone sales
- Furnishing: total number of furnishing related sales, including items, recipes and mats
- Gear Crafting: total number of gear crafting related sales, including style and trait mats
- Motifs & Styles: total number of motif and style page sales
- Provisioning: total number of provisioning mat an recipe sales
- Set Items: total number of set item sales
- Other: total number of miscellaneous sales, including runeboxes, siege equipment, raw fish, treasure maps, etc.